Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Old Honest Abe

This time of year everything is blooming in my yard and I'm so busy. That means I do lots of blogging, so hope I don't wear any readers out. The main purpose is for me to document all my flowers and progress in the yard. That being said, here are more pics of the Abraham Darby rose. I've said in an earlier post that there will be plenty pics of this one. Look at these FAT blooms! I really like the high contrast rest stems and thorns too. Take a look at all the buds that are coming out. Also, you may not be able to see it in this photo, but the blackspot is already starting to take hold on this plant. This rose is the beauty and the sorrow of my rose world - it brings such joy before disease hits, then it finishes up with tragedy as blackspot totally defoliates it. Not for the faint of heart.




2 comments:

Roses at Wedgwood House and Gardens said...

Heh Abe! thanks for joining my blog. Enjoyed looking at yours too. Yup, Abe is an amazing rose for sure, and oh! that fragrance! Loved all the other pictures of you garden seen on your front page. I look forward to returning.
All the best, Pauline

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Roses look good and lovely ... so serene ... cheers! ~ bangchik