- Sweet olive (osmanthus fragrans) - the sweet fragrance will waft all over a yard from fall through spring
- Gardenia - when mine are blooming it makes me want to stay on the porch all day just so I can smell them.
- Hedychium (butterfly ginger) - similar to gardenia smell, but not quite as strong. Blooms when few other fragrants are going in late summer.
- Michelia figo (banana shrub) - smells like Juicy Fruit gum. This plant has a unique fragrance that I have found in no other plant. It is wonderful!
- Hyacinth - they smell so good that I plant them every year even though they will not survive the heat in Louisiana and die quickly.
- Alyssum - smells like honey!
- Roses! - my favorite is Gertrude Jekyll, but some others I like are Abraham Darby and Double Delight.
- Sweetpeas - come in all colors and delight the nose. Be aware that not all varieties have fragrance though.
There are more, but these are at the top of my list. I reserve the right to modify this list at any time!