Saturday, April 25, 2009

Have a Little Compassion

I noticed this morning that most of my roses had nice clusters of blooms, so I thought it would be nice to post pictures of these clusters.

We start of with my best pics of the year of my Compassion roses. Aren't these ladies nice? They have a wonderful fragrance too.


Next up, Gertrude Jekyll. I actually started thinning out some of the buds on this bush so that the blooms could get larger! It is covered in buds. The fragrance wafts for several feet around this bush.


This is Earthsong. This flower is the brightest, hottest pink of all my roses. I rather like it. The blooms have long stems that make for great cutting.


You knew I would include some Abraham Darby, didn't you? These clusters are out of this world. Here are two pictures of different bloom groups on the same plant. I'm very thankful to have something this beautiful to feast my eyes on.



1 comment:

Sweet rose sweet said...

Very pretty roses