I don't know why I call this my "wildflower" garden since it's not made up of wildflowers. Maybe because it's wildly unorganized. Here's what I did: Early last fall, I cut down a hedgerow that was right here and then put a truckload of cotton waste on the spot. The cotton waste was still "hot" and pretty much killed everything that would have grown up in it. After a couple of months, the cotton waste had aged to the point where I felt it was safe to plant seeds in it. So I purchased a hodge-podge of seeds and threw them in the ground on the spot. Seeds included were California poppies, Telstar dianthus, toadflax, Rocket larkspur, Old Spice sweetpeas, and some others. The above mentioned were the ones that survived this battle of the fittest. Some flowers that did not make it were snapdragons, alyssums, hollyhocks, and petunias. I guess they were crowded out by the more vigorous plants. This is what it looks like today. The only thing I did to this bed was water it during dry spells last fall - no watering this year. Probably in a month or two when it starts looking ragged, I'll pull up everything and do it again with warm season annuals.