Friday, June 5, 2009

Doubling My Delight

This is the second huge flush of the year on my Double Delight rose bush. Notice that the blooms don't have near as much of the characteristic cream coloration that Double Delight is so famous for. When the hot weather hits, this coloration does not last nearly as long. This bush has been especially healthy for me and is putting out tons of blooms even though I only bought the plant last summer. It's a great advertisement for getting roses that are grafted on Fortuniana rootstock.

For those who don't remember, the main selling points of Double Delight are: delectable fragrance, long stems that are great for cutting, blooms that last very long in the vase, and exquisite coloration. Typically, DD is prone to blackspot and needs to be sprayed often, but mine hasn't had this problem much - though I have sprayed it several times this year with fungicide just as a preventer.

1 comment:

Becca's Dirt said...

Your double delight looks so healthy and the flowers are beautiful. I love all roses.