Saturday, April 24, 2010

Prosperity

Driving down the road today, I noticed several Prosperity roses growing at nice old homes.  They looked divine and I could just imagine the smell of them.  They reminded me of why I had to plant one of my own.  I first really noticed this rose at the gardens of the American Rose Society last year.  The fragrance hit me from 10 yards away and the white blooms beckoned to me.  This is an old hybrid musk rose that has the peculiar fragrance that family of roses has.  My plant was just planted last October, so it's not really that much to look at right now, but here is the best I can do for now.
First up, a single bloom.


Next up, a couple of bloom cluster pictures.  One thing about this rose is that it nearly always blooms in large clusters.



Lastly, a poor picture of the whole plant.  I've heard that this is a choice rose to plant for wedding sites.


2 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

Well, this is a beautiful rose. I don't have any white roses and have not heard of this one. I love that it smells good. Have to check to see how easy care it is.

Davy Barr said...

Jeannie, I've heard that this is a pretty easy care rose. I don't spray any of my roses and this one has been disease free, thus far. I have to give it a whole summer with me before giving it a totally clean bill of health though. Most of the hybrid musk family are fairly low maintenance.