Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mrs. B. R. Cant Bursts Into First Flush of Blooms

I'm way out in the Gulf of Mexico where I can't see my flowers and it's killing me.  All of my roses are coming into first flush.  My sweet wife tells me they are beautiful to behold.  To keep me somewhat happy, my oldest wonderful daughter, Rhonda, takes pictures and sends them to me out here.  Sometimes the quality of the pictures may not be the best, but I deeply appreciate her efforts anyway.  Today I got a batch of lovely photos from her and this is one of them.  You can see the whole Mrs. B. R. Cant bush in bloom and my baby girl, Ali, standing next to it.  This plant is getting huge and it's only two years old.  I can't say it enough - this is a must have rose if you live in the South!


Click on the picture for a larger view.  Notice there's not a speck of disease, it's loaded with blooms, and there are more buds. 

4 comments:

Randy Emmitt said...

Davy,
Beautiful and in very full bloom, shame you missed this one. Is it an antique rose?

Davy Barr said...

Yes, this is indeed an antique rose in the tea family. I'm increasingly becoming a fan of the antiques. I'm missing this flush for now, but it should stil be going strong when I get home early next week (I hope!)

Jeannie B. said...

I'm convinced!! I must have it!

Jimmy said...

One of my top favorite teas. Beautiful looking rose and in top form in your garden.