Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dabbling in Daylilies


I'm offering a few pictures of my daylilies today.  They are really blooming up a storm right now.  My offers of today are three very deep colored ones.  I don't know the name of this first one.  I just call it my wine-colored daylily because it's the color of red wine.  It looks much better in the morning before the sun has washed out the deep coloration.



This next daylily is Dominic.  It's a very dark reddish-black color with a deep yellow throat.  Quite a striking combination.  Best in partial shade where the colors aren't washed out by the sun. 




Below are a couple pictures of a deep red daylily with a golden yellow throat.  This is a prolific bloomer for me.  Plant in part shade to keep the color from washing out in the sun.  It's called Chicago Apache.


1 comment:

Dig, Grow, Compost, Blog said...

I love how those deep dark colors contrast with the yellow in the center. You almost can't see the stamens because they blend in so much.