Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Few Summer "Bulbs"


My Joan Senior daylilies are starting to rebloom. This is a wonderful variety of daylily to grow. It has some fragrance, which is unusual for daylilies, and it reblooms. Not to mention that cream color that is so attractive.


I just recently planted some Bengal Tiger cannas. I love them for their striped foliage. I don't even care if they bloom or not. Also notice the red edging around the leaves.


This last is another spike of fragrant tuberose. I cannot tell you how well these have thrived in my Louisiana weather.

1 comment:

Nell Jean said...

Maybe there's still hope for my Joan Senior to bloom for the first time. Many of my daylilies have been shy re-bloomers this year, too.

I need to make a note to buy tuberose bulbs next spring. They're an old-fashioned flower that is a delight.