Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bumbling Around


My tithonia and hyacinth bean "jungle" is a constant swarm of bird and insect activity. Yesterday, I caught this cute little bumble-bee having lunch on this perfect Mexican sunflower. The picture came out surprisingly well and I thought it would be neat to share. It's amazing how much more wildlife visits my yard now that I have so many plants and flowers. I strongly encourage people to spray insect spray as little as possible so that they too can enjoy all of the exciting and beautiful creatures as they visit. I really enjoy seeing all the butterflies, bees, dragonflies, lizards, and hummingbirds - and so do my kids.

2 comments:

Darla said...

Yep! The more flowers you have the more flying friends you have!!

Jean Campbell said...

Good capture! Tithonia is finally starting to bloom here. Gulf fritillaries seem to favor those orange flowers. I wonder if they think they're camouflaged?