Thursday, May 26, 2011

More Tidal Waves




Back in March, I made a blog post about my Tidal Wave Silver petunias - see A Tidal Wave of Silver.  There I posted about this one petunia plant that I am trialing this year.  As you can see from these pictures, this is one experiment gone good!  The flowers are covering every inch of plant available and they are beautiful in a silver and purple sort of way.



The plant is at least 5' x 5' in size, and that's without any fertilizing.  It has nearly taken over my little area.  It's also highly visible from a long distance away.



Next fall I fully intend to plant a number of these.  They are still looking great now in late May too.  I'll eventually pull them up, but not until they start to fade and look bad.  I cannot say enough good about these Tidal Wave petunias.  I think they are a wonderful cottage plant and the unusual color of these is quite refreshing and welcome.

No comments: