Friday, March 5, 2010

At This Time Last Year

I'm back out in the Gulf of Mexico where I can't take new pictures of my plants.  I do have all my old pictures though and it's interesting to see where my flowers were at this same time last year.  We are WAY behind this year due to the abnormally cold and long winter.  Last year I planted a nice section in my yard with a variety of cool season flowers that readily grow from seed.  I called this my "wildflower" garden.  At the end of February, the toadflax were blooming like mad.  They were gorgeous.  Sure makes me wish I had planted more of them this year.  Here are a couple of pictures for your enjoyment.  Toadflax readily grow from seed and just thrive in my Louisiana winter weather.  They come in many colors.  The early bees seem to really enjoy them too. 


No comments: