Saturday, March 28, 2009

One of my pet peeves

One of my pet peeves in regards to flower pictures on-line is that you seldom get a picture of the whole bush. Even though this is my pet peeve, I've already noticed that I'm not putting pics of my whole shrubs/plants on this blog. This must be because I'm not totally proud of the way they look at this point in time. This seems to be slightly mis-leading to people. So in the interests of honest blogging, I will begin posting pics of my whole plants. You can see them warts and all.

Above is my little white china rose, Ducher. Note how healthy this one looks. It's already got a bundle of buds too. I just planted it October '08.

Now comes Double Delight. Planted July '08 on Fortuniana rootstock. Who says you can't plant potted roses in the heat of the summer? Just keep them well watered. There were/are some mildewed and blackspotted leaves, but not enough to even phase this one yet.

This is Belinda's Dream with two beginning buds. It's also pretty healthy for this rainy time of year. Very few spots on the leaves. Planted October '08.


Archduke Charles is about to start another round of blooms. It also shows almost no disease. Planted October '08.



This is Abraham Darby. It's just starting to put out lots of new growth and you can see several blooms. None of the new growth shows signs of disease. This one was planted May '07. If I take some more pics next month, this one will look fabulous and full.

2 comments:

The Redneck Rosarian said...

Great blog. I agree on the blog photo thing. I try to include full bush pictures too. check it out at http://www.redneckrosarian.com

Davy Barr said...

Nice blog. I'll add it to my list of links so others can check it out.