Friday, October 8, 2010

Riding the Tidal Wave



I just recently planted some Tidal Wave Silver petunia plants.  I really love the silver/purple blooms with deep purple throats.  The Tidal Wave series gets larger than the normal petunia so they make nice additions to beds.  I think they are really nice in a cottage garden setting. 



Ideally, petunias should be planted in the Fall down here.  They are able to get roots established well before hunkering down for the winter.  Then they are ready to really burst forth in the spring when warm weather starts back up.  The Wave series can take heat a little better than other types, so they tend to last longer into the warm spring before melting in the heat.



I'm adding this picture since I got a better camera and this shows the colors of Tidal Wave Silver better than the other photos.  


1 comment:

meemsnyc said...

Those are pretty petunias!