Saturday, March 27, 2010

Azaleas Getting Ready to Burst

This is the latest I remember the azaleas starting in my section of Louisiana.  Usually, by the end of March they are filling the countryside with color.  This cold winter has put everything behind schedule.  But the show must go on and and azaleas are just about ready to explode into vibrant pinks and pastels.  My Red Ruffles typically are first to bloom in my yard and some buds are just sprouting.  Here's a close-up of a bloom.


Here's a shot of one of the bushes as it's starting.



Here's what it looked like two years ago at this same time.

2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

They are late this year, but what a glorious show for Easter they'll be!

I have Pink Ruffles. No blossoms yet, but Pink Pearl has a few. The whites are first.

Jan said...

Ours are late, too, and I am further South than you are. We are just starting to see the buds show color. In New Orleans, they are in full bloom and gorgeous.

Jan
Always Growing