Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Colors of Sunset


Westerland is such a wonderful rose. I love its bright orange colors and especially its wonderful fragrance. It doesn't have a very full flower, but they look good anyway. It's a stiff climber that I'm hoping will look good growing on my chainlink fence. It's quite hard to train on this fence since it really wants to grow up, not out. A good rose that has shown no disease for me this year even with no spraying.



This is a neat picture I got the other day of an Abraham Darby bloom against the evening sky. Despite having only about 30% of its leaves, this rose is putting out full, luscious blooms. David Austin roses in Louisiana really need a full spraying regimen to look their best or they'll be blackspot magnets.

3 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

That Abraham Darby is by far my favorite. It is so big and the petals are so delicate. I will have to find one come spring.

Davy Barr said...

Abe Darby is a beauty, just be aware of a tendency to blackspot. Becca, I removed your repeat posts for you.

Mary Delle LeBeau said...

Lovely roses. The first does indeed look like a sunset.